School bells will soon be ringing for students across Australia. Now is the time to start hunting for the tech tools and gadgets your children will need.
Which back to school tech will they need? Here is a list of 5 tech must-haves for the new school year.
1. Back To School Tech Starts With Phones
When it comes to back to school tech must-haves, a smart phone is at the top of the list. Mobile devices are almost necessary for survival at this point, especially for students. However, you can get great quality and save money by taking a look at refurbished phones, including refurbished iPhones.
These second-hand phones are in excellent condition, but they don’t come with the steep price tag associated with new iPhones. Our refurbished smart phones have been out of the package and used as demos or are factory seconds.
All phones have been meticulously inspected so their quality is assured. We also offer free technical support.
Now that we’ve looked at smart phones, let’s move on to computers.
Best Laptops for Back to School
Another tech kids need for back to school is a laptop computer. Today’s laptops have full capabilities and enough memory to handle any project your child will have to complete for school. There are a number of great choices, including budget-friendly options.
Here are our best choices:
MacBook Air 13-inch:
- Processor: Intel® CoreTM i5-5250U Processor
- Memory: 8 GB RAM
- Storage: 256 GB Solid State Drive
- Connectivity: Airport Extreme 802.11ac (wireless), Thunderbolt, SD Card Slot, iSight (webcam), Bluetooth
- Software: Mac OS X 10.10 Yosemite
MacBook Air 11-inch:
- Processor: Intel® CoreTM i5-4260U Processor
- Memory: 8 GB RAM
- Storage: 128 GB Solid State Drive
- Graphics: Intel® HD Graphics 5000
- Software: Mac OS 10.11 El Capitan
Refurbished MacBooks have been tested to ensure they are in prime condition. They work like new and can tackle the same tasks as a new MacBook.
HP Spectre Pro x360 G2 13.3-inch:
- 13.3-inch TouchScreen
- Processor: Intel Core i5-6300U (2.4 Ghz, up to 3.00 GHz with Intel Turbo Boost Technology
- Memory: 8 GB RAM
- Storage: 256 GB SSD M.2
- Graphics: Intel® HD Graphics 520
- Connectivity: 3.0 MiniDisplayPort, HDMI, Headphone/microphone combo jack, Memory Card Reader (SD Card, SDHC Card, SDXS Card), Intel 802.11a/b/g/n (2x2), Bluetooth 4.0 Combo
Best Desktop Computers
There may be a time when students need more capability and storage. Having a quality, refurbished all-in-one desktop computer is essential. Here are a couple of choices that will do the job.
HP EliteOne 800 G2 All In One, 23-inch:
- Processor: Intel® Core i5-6500 (4 Cores, 3.20 GHz, 6M Cache)
- Memory: 8GB RAM
- Storage: 240GB SSD, Slim Tray-load SuperMulti DVD writer
- Graphics: Intel HD Graphics 530
- Connectivity: 1 USB Type-CTM, 2 USB 3.0 (1 charging), 1 headphone, 1 microphone, 1 SD 4 card reader, 4 USB 3.0, 1 DisplayPort 1.2, RJ-45, 1 audio line out
- Software: Windows 10 Professional, Google Chrome, VCL, OpenOfficeSuite
Del Optiplex 9030 All in One, 23-inch:
- Processor: Intel® Core i5-4590s
- Memory: 16 GB RAM
- Storage: 1 TB HDD, Slim Tray-laod SuperMulti DVD writer
- Graphics: Intel HD Graphics 4600
- Connectivity: 3 External USB 3.0 ports, 4 External USB 2.0 ports, 1 RJ-45 VGA, 1 HDMI, 2 PS/2 Line-in, 2 Line-out
- Software: Windows 10 Professional, Google Chrome, VCL, OpenOffice Suite
Along with smartphones, laptops and desktop computers, your child will also need quality accessories like connector cables, a wireless mouse, memory cards, wireless keyboards, and more. Be sure to look at our selection of tech accessories.
Get Your Tech On For the School Year
It’s time to gear up with the latest and best back to school tech for your children. From smartphones and tablets to innovative accessories like smartpens, there is something to meet every need.