In addition to your rights under Australian Consumer Law, products sold by Recompute are covered by 1 Year Limited Return-to-base Warranty (unless otherwise specified), an optional Extended Return-to-base Warranty, and/or Manufacturer Warranty.
Brand-new products sold by us are covered by manufacturer warranties. It is up to you to decide whether you would like to deal with us or the manufacturer in the event of a warranty claim.
Most refurbished goods are covered under our 1 Year Limited Return-to-base Warranty with customers having the option you purchase our Extended Return-to-base Warranty.
Faulty products within the warranty period will be repaired and restored to fully working order. If an item can not be fully repaired to working order then we may replace it at our discretion with an equivalent refurbished product.
This limited warranty does not cover:
- Software, including the operating system, trial software and pre-loaded software
- Virus, infection, worms, or similar malicious code
- External causes such as accident, abuse, misuse, or problems with electrical power
- Servicing not authorised by Recompute
- Usage that is not in accordance with product instructions
- Problems caused by using accessories, parts, or components not supplied by Recompute
- Products for which Recompute has not received payment or are being disputed
- Products damaged by misuse, abuse, riot, vandalism, theft, fire, flood, wind, lightning, freezing, power failure, power reduction, telephone failure or acts of God
- Cost of installation, removal or re-installation of this product or any component of the product
- Expendable items such as non-removal batteries, toner cartridges, and other operating supplies
- Purely cosmetic scratches, dents or other similar physical damages
1-Year Limited Battery Warranty
In keeping with our Industry leading warranty, we provide a 1-year limited warranty for all our batteries. All of our batteries are thoroughly tested to hold charge, but we can not promise maximum run time usage. We provide replacement of batteries if they have been found not usable and non-functioning if the fault is reported within the first year of purchase. We provide free refurbished battery replacement during the period and also provide an option to purchase a brand-new battery at discounted prices.
Change of Mind Policy
Here at Recompute we have a 30-day change of mind policy. If you have changed your mind about your purchase, we are happy to offer you a refund or exchange providing that:
- The item is returned and received by us within 30 days of purchase;
- You produce a satisfactory proof of purchase, being your original register receipt or online proof of purchase, such as a tax invoice;
- The item is in re-saleable condition, including its original packaging if any
Please note change of mind returns are not available for the following items:
- Software and other downloadable material
- Gift cards, mobile phone recharge and iTunes cards
Recompute Free Technical Support
We provide free basic technical support for all of our products. Our technical support team is dedicated to provide you with quality, valuable, and timely service.
Our support covers:
- Initial setup of the item, for example, logging into Windows or MacOS for the first time and getting started
- Basic inquiry of the item functionality and usage
- Help to determine if your computer is faulty and needs to be returned or whether it can be fixed with, for example, driver or software updates.
Goods Faulty on Arrival
If the item is found faulty on arrival it should be reported to us within seven days of receiving the product. We will either replace the item or refund the full amount of the order based on your choice. A return label will be emailed for products that need to be returned. Return items will need to be sent back by dropping them off at your local post office.
Please do your research on all products before ordering from our store. Contact us if you need help to determine which product is appropriate for your needs. Although we do not take any responsibility for incorrect choices or any hardware and software compatibility issues, we do offer a change of mind policy on our products and will provide a full refund if the product is not deemed suitable for your usage. Contact is required for a full refund and the item/s must be received by us before refund instalment can be handled.
The cost of shipping an item back to us will be covered by the customer, unless the item is deemed faulty. Refund instalment will be the amount of the customer’s purchase price of the product as reflected on the invoice. Refunds will be processed either by PayPal or direct bank transfer. If payment of the item by the customer was handled through PayPal then the refund instalment can be refunded through PayPal. All other methods of payment by customers will be handled through direct bank transfer and can take up to 7 business days after receiving the goods. Contact may be required to retrieve banking details for refund.
Recompute does not accept any responsibility or liability for any data loss caused by an item that you have purchased from us or elsewhere or any repair/service carried out by us. It is your responsibility to have sufficient data backup procedures to suit your requirements. You can review our terms and conditions prior to purchasing an order on our website.